Second Annual Youth Tree of Lights Campaign
The Youth Tree of Lights fundraiser has been the kick-off to the main Sainte-Justine Tree of Lights campaign since 2020.
The goal: Light up the base of the Sainte-Justine Tree of Lights to encourage people across the province to make the whole tree shine bright during the main campaign in December.
The cause: Support the excellence of the pediatric health teams at Sainte-Justine.
The inspiration: To bring comfort and joy to the children, families and staff who have to spend the holidays in the hospital.
The people: Students from 36 private schools in Quebec and their supporters, along with the invaluable contributions of the Fédération des établissements d’enseignement privés (FEEP) and the extraordinary assistance of the Association des étudiants de HEC Montréal (AEHEC) and five wonderful ambassadors.
The fundraising target: Light up the first 100,000 lights on the Tree by getting people they know to sponsor them for $5 apiece ($500,000 total).
The final tally: Close to $650,000.
- The campaign ran from November 10 to 28, 2021.
- More than 9,668 donors responded to the appeal.
- The five fantastic campaign ambassadors were vital to achieving these results:
– Laurent Tessier, a young patient who survived two bouts of cancer (one in the liver, one in the lungs) and two liver transplants, along with Dr. Michel Lallier, a pediatric surgeon specializing in in vivo reduced size liver transplantation.
– Pascal Morrissette and Catherine Brunet, two public figures who are particularly popular among younger Quebecers.
– Djammy Charles, mentor, HEC Montréal student and AEHEC member.
- Key partners: Engel & Völkers, McGill Real Estate, Burgundy Assets.
- All-digital campaign, complete with a comprehensive, user-friendly fundraising toolbox.
- Five schools raised more than $25,000 and 12 schools topped the $10,000 mark.